Sunday, March 8, 2009

Change

Dictionary.com defines change as:

1. to make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone: to change one's name; to change one's opinion; to change the course of history.
2. to transform or convert (usually fol. by into): The witch changed the prince into a toad.
3. to substitute another or others for; exchange for something else, usually of the same kind: She changed her shoes when she got home from the office.


These are just a few meanings for the word change.
As I was speaking to a friend today the conversation turned to our jobs. I couldn't help but stop him in his tracks when it seemed like all he was doing was complaining. I immediately told him, as a friend, to stop complaining and to not allow those thing s to keep him from moving on. There was a time when I began to do the same but when I realized what I was doing I decided to make a change. I'm not talking change because Obama is President. I made a change long before he was president. We should be ready to accept change and make changes in our lives all the time . Imagine yourself as a person who goes to work everyday, sits at the same table, drinks a cup of coffee and reads the morning paper. That person shows up one morning and management has decided to move things around. What do you do? Rant and rave or accept the change as an opportunity for a fresh start.


Bottom line : if you just constantly complain then you fall in line with the rest of the ducks and negativity becomes a part of your everyday life. Think positive and prepare yourself for change.


Consider this: Some get something, some get nothing......
Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson M.D.
also more @ Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment