Friday, March 27, 2009

Milestone

This month, I have reached a milestone in my life. As I have written in my about me, I have served in the Air Force, Air Force Reserves and the Air National Guard. Now, after twenty years, I have decided the time has come to hang up my uniform for the last time.


I joined the Air Force just after completing high school thinking this was my only opportunity in furthering my education. The lack of counseling in school and growing up in a single parent household led me to be believe that a college education was not affordable to me. By the time I realized otherwise, I had already served my first enlistment and had decided to continue in the Air Force Reserves. After a recall to active duty for Desert Storm, I decided enough was enough and took some time away from military service. During that time I took the opportunity and enrolled in some college classes which would eventually lead to an A.A.S in Aircraft Maintenance Technology. Missing the camaraderie, I decided to go back into the Air Force Reserves and eventually made the move into the Air National Guard.


Now, after twenty years, I don't regret having served in the military. Yet, with what I now know, I have made every effort to make sure that my children know the opportunities they have are limitless. It has been a long journey and one that I will not forget. I am now prepared to close this chapter in my life and continue on to other endeavors.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your milestone and much success with your future endeavors. Your service is greatly admired and appreciated.

    ReplyDelete